Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Healthy Breakfast Burrito




I am not a huge breakfast person BUT I totally am a foodie so making things that aren't time consuming but not bland for breakfast is a chore for me! I added these healthy breakfast burritos to my meal plan for this week! I made 6 of them ahead of time and FROZE Them! now I can throw them in the microwave or oven for a wicked breakfast that is stress-free!!

Healthy Breakfast Burrito

*Makes 6 Burritos

Ingredients:

1.5 lB Ground Turkey
6 Eggs
6 Whole Wheat Tortilla Wraps (or whatever healthy kind you like!)
1 Yellow Pepper, chopped
1 Red Pepper, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1Tbsp Coconut oil
1 tsp each Cumin/Garlic Powder
1 tsp each Himalayan Salt/pepper

Directions:

1. Heat 1 tsp of Coconut Oil in a frying pan. Add cumin, garlic and ground turkey. Cook turkey thoroughly, then add your eggs.  Continue to scramble until eggs are also cooked. Transfer to bowl and set aside. 
2. Place the rest of the oil into the pan, add peppers & onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Using one tortilla at a time,  place 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (blue container), then top with 2 spoons for the pepper mixture & 3/4 cup of turkey/egg mixture.  I topped my filling with Sriracha hot sauce but you could use a bit of any sauce you'd like!)
4. Roll burrito to close off both ends. REPEAT with all 6 burritos!

 If you are meal prepping to eat later, wrap the burritos in wax paper & freeze them ;)

*21 Day Fixers* One Burrito
1 blue, 1/2 green, 1 red, 1 yellow


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KC Lawrence. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig