Sunday, August 28, 2016

Squash Carrot Curry Soup



 

Fall is in the Air!! Yes this is absolutely my FAVORITE time of year!!  One of the reasons being I get to put my recipe making passion to work! I love fall/cool weather food! I love the root veggies &a warm colours 😍🍂 can you tell I'm addicted?!

Today was a soup day! I had a few veggies I needed to use up in the fridge (I NEVER let veggies go bad, they always end up in a soup or stew!) and I also have an overload of carrots coming along in my garden! So be prepared for a few carrot recipes in the near future!!

I love this recipe because not only is it an awesome fall soup BUT the veggie content & the turmeric make it a great detox soup 💕

🍂Squash Carrot Curry Soup🍂

Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1/2 summer squash...or butternut or a whole acorn or whatever squash you've grown!
5-6 carrots
6 cups chicken or veggie stock (I always use better than bouillon)
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup white wine
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp organic curry powder

Directions:
I use a Tupperware chopper! If you don't have one, HIGHLY RECOMMEND! <-- I use at least 3 times a week for chopped salads or soups or meal prep... AMAZING!

1. Heat coconut oil in a large pot. Chop all veggies & add to pot, sauté for 3 minutes. Add curry powder & garlic. And cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

2. Add chicken stock & white wine and simmer for 20 minutes. 

3. Use a hand held blender to purée your soup. If you don't have one, a stand blender is fine BUT make sure your soup has cooled before blending or it will EXPLODE!

**if you have zucchini, it would be great in this soup too!!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KC Lawrence. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig